Join Ampegon on our journey
Would you like to make a difference in the world? Do you value quality and precision? Are challenges an incentive for you? If you nodded three times, then we should get to know each other.
- University students
We support trainees and university students (Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees) in the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics, industrial engineering, quality and supply chain management.
- Ampegon as an employer
Put your knowledge into practice in an international environment. Ampegon stands for innovation, cutting-edge technologies and high quality systems. Learn about our values, benefits and opportunities for development.
Scroll down to see our open positions
Mechanical Design Engineer
Business Unit: Ampegon Power Electronics AG
Ampegon Power Electronics AG is an international company situated in Baden, Switzerland.
Ampegon Power Electronics AG is a new brand established in summer 2019 as the result of the acquisition of Ampegon AG by the Italian industrial group Aretè & Cocchi Technology. Together with OCEM Power Electronics, Ampegon Power Electronics is a powerful market leader in radio-frequency amplifiers and high-voltage and high-current power systems for sectors ranging from experimental nuclear fusion plants to particle accelerators, from radio transmission systems for the media to pulsed technologies for medtech. Ampegon Power Electronics serves the global Science, MedTech, Industry and Broadcast markets with an extensive product range tailored to customer needs in these strategic fields. The products and services stand for innovation, advanced technology and premium quality systems.
- Mechanical design of customerspecific plants
- Working out details, creating parts lists and engineering data in close collaboration to other divisions
- Layout design of mechanical parts in accordance to engineerstandards and safety regulations
- Developing and dimensioning of water- and air distributions
- Provide technical support to the sales team, cooperating in technical offers
- Mechanical basic education and technical degree (TS/HF) in mechanical design
- Experienced with mechanical design
- Experienced with implementing the EC machinery directive as well as in current engineer standards
- Good expertise in 3D-CAD designtools (preferably CREO or Inventor), administrating digital product data, using SAP and MS-Office
- Good command of German and good skills in English
Mechanischer Konstrukteur - Anlagenbau
Business Unit: Ampegon Power Electronics AG
Ampegon Power Electronics AG ist ein international tätiges Unternehmen mit Sitz in Baden, Schweiz. Sie entstand durch den Kauf durch die Aretè & Cocchi Technology-Gruppe aus Italien, welche im Sommer 2019 die strategischen Assets der Ampegon AG übernommen hat.
Das Kerngeschäft besteht seit über 75 Jahren aus der Entwicklung, Konstruktion, Fertigung, Montage und Inbetriebnahme von Hochleistungs-Hochfrequenzsystemen und Speisungen. Die Ampegon Gruppe offeriert Produkte und Lösungen für die Geschäftsgebiete Wissenschaft, MedTech, Industrie und Rundfunk.
Das Leitbild der Gruppe beruht auf Innovation, Technologie und Qualität.
Ihre Hauptaufgaben sind
- Mechanische Konstruktion von kundenspezifischen Anlagen
- Detailkonstruktion, Erstellen von Stücklisten sowie Fertigungsunterlagen in enger Zusammenarbeit mit anderen Abteilungen
- Dimensionierung und Auslegung von mech. Bauteilen unter Berücksichtigung relevanter Normen und Sicherheitsvorschriften
- Dimensionierung von Luft- und Kühlwasserverteilungen
- Technische Betreuung von Lieferanten und interner Fertigung
- Mithilfe bei der Erstellung von Kundenofferten.
Sie bringen mit
- Abgeschlossene mechanische Berufsausbildung mit Weiterbildung zum Techniker TS/HF Fachrichtung mechanische Konstruktion
- Mehrjährige Berufserfahrung in der mechanischen Konstruktion
- Erfahrung in der Anwendung der Maschinenrichtlinie sowie der gängigen Normen
- Erfahrung in 3D-CAD Konstruktion (Vorzugsweise CREO oder Inventor), im Verwalten von Produktedaten, gute SAP und MS-Office Kenntnisse
- Sehr gute Deutsch- und gute Englischkenntnisse.
Ampegon Power Electronics AG, based in Baden (Switzerland), is a new company founded in the summer of 2019 by the Italian industrial group Aretè & Cocchi Technology, which has taken over all strategic assets of Ampegon AG. Ampegon Power Electronics serves the global Science, MedTech, Industry and Broadcast markets with an extensive product range tailored to customer needs in these strategic fields.
Together with OCEM Power Electronics, Ampegon Power Electronics is a powerful market leader in radio-frequency amplifiers and high-voltage and high-current power systems for sectors ranging from experimental nuclear fusion plants to particle accelerators, from radio transmission systems for the media to pulsed technologies for medtech.
We are looking for an Application Engineer with the following requirements.
- Determines customer requirements and develops technical solutions and concepts with simulation tools
- Support relationships with customers and business partners (cooperations) from the technical side, alongside Sales Team to provide full satisfaction
- Support Bid Managers in creation of cost calculations for technical solutions
- Creation of Scope of Supply and Technical Description documentation
- Development of power electronics within Technical Team
- Take over system engineering tasks from concept to commissioning wherever necessary.
- Attendance of specialist technical conferences on occasion
- International customer site surveys to support Sales Team on occasion
- Maintain good knowledge of design concepts, relevant components, subsystem functions and potential suppliers.
- Follow the relevant processes in R&D
- Adhere to company ISO 9001 quality assurance process for Sales
- Ensures that all activities are in line with the company's ethical guidelines
Title of study, experience and other knowledge required - Technical skills:
- Technical degree (electronics, engineering, computer science, physics)
- Experience in the design/simulation of RF amplifiers or power electronics
- Experience with writing of reports and proposals, creation of technical documentation, academic posters/papers, presentations
- English language abilities. Other languages an advantage.
- Team orientation, with capability work independently on projects if required
- Team player skills
- Standard office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) plus electronics simulation software (e.g. Microwave Studio, PLECS, Matlab, Spice, etc.)
- International travel for up to 2 weeks on occasion.
- Adaptability / flexibility and reliability (with respect to planning, compliance with target deadlines and commitments)
DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER POWER ELECTRONICS
• Create performance and technical specifications for customer-specific high-voltage and high-current supply systems within a power range of up to 10 MW DC or 100 MW pulsed; based on IGBTs, MOSFETs or SIC transistor modules
• Design, simulate and complete power electronics circuits for high-voltage power supply systems using state-of-the-art simulation tools (PLECS, Matlab Simulink, P-Spice)
• Develop and design subassemblies, e.g. IGBT power modules
• Commissioning and testing of prototypes, support system commissioning works in-house or on customer sites all over the world
• Willingness for occasional business trips to customers or partners worldwide
• Provide technical support to the sales team, cooperating in technical offers as expert during occasional travels abroad
Title of study, experience and other knowledge required - Technical skills
• Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Profound knowledge of power electronics as well as proven experience with the designated tools and semiconductor elements
• Experienced with the simulation of power electronics circuits and with implementing designs
• Knowledge in FGPA programming (VHDL) advantageous
• Excellent German language skills and a good command of English
- Positive work attitude
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills to support team members
- Organisational abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in leadership, e.g. project teams, of advantage
PLACE: FRANCE - CADARACHE/ SAINT-PAUL-LES-DURANCES
- System integrations in factory and on site commissioning of high-voltage power supplies and RF-amplifiers for our scientific customers (fusion research, particle accelerators)
- Collaboration with the development team during the design phase
- System integration of prototypes and small series in the factory
- Commissioning at customer’s site
- Commissioning of high-power shortwave transmitter based on solid state and tube technology, worldwide
- Planned and short-term service assignments, on-site trainings
- BSc or MSc in electronics or electrical engineering
- Profound knowledge in digital and RF electronics, power electronics and IT
- Good knowledge of English, Italian or German, other languages are desirable
- Personal responsibility, communication skills and a high degree of resilience in a challenging environment
- Flexibility and willingness to stay abroad for several weeks
- Ability to work independently and efficient in problem solving and accomplishing tasks
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Flair for technical challenges in difficult environments