Join Ampegon on our journey
Would you like to make a difference in the world? Do you value quality and precision? Are challenges an incentive for you? If you nodded three times, then we should get to know each other.
- University students
We support trainees and university students (Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees) in the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics, industrial engineering, quality and supply chain management.
- Ampegon as an employer
Put your knowledge into practice in an international environment. Ampegon stands for innovation, cutting-edge technologies and high quality systems. Learn about our values, benefits and opportunities for development.
Scroll down to see our open positions
Mechanical Design Engineer
Business Unit: Ampegon Power Electronics AG
Ampegon Power Electronics AG is an international company situated in Baden, Switzerland.
Ampegon Power Electronics AG is a new brand established in summer 2019 as the result of the acquisition of Ampegon AG by the Italian industrial group Aretè & Cocchi Technology. Together with OCEM Power Electronics, Ampegon Power Electronics is a powerful market leader in radio-frequency amplifiers and high-voltage and high-current power systems for sectors ranging from experimental nuclear fusion plants to particle accelerators, from radio transmission systems for the media to pulsed technologies for medtech. Ampegon Power Electronics serves the global Science, MedTech, Industry and Broadcast markets with an extensive product range tailored to customer needs in these strategic fields. The products and services stand for innovation, advanced technology and premium quality systems.
- Mechanical design of customerspecific plants
- Working out details, creating parts lists and engineering data in close collaboration to other divisions
- Layout design of mechanical parts in accordance to engineerstandards and safety regulations
- Developing and dimensioning of water- and air distributions
- Provide technical support to the sales team, cooperating in technical offers
- Mechanical basic education and technical degree (TS/HF) in mechanical design
- Experienced with mechanical design
- Experienced with implementing the EC machinery directive as well as in current engineer standards
- Good expertise in 3D-CAD designtools (preferably CREO or Inventor), administrating digital product data, using SAP and MS-Office
- Good command of German and good skills in English