High Frequency Innovation
Ampegon Power Electronics AG is a new company founded in the summer of 2019 by the Italian industrial group Aretè & Cocchi Technology, which has taken over all strategic assets of Ampegon AG. Together with OCEM Power Electronics, Ampegon Power Electronics is a powerful market leader in radio-frequency amplifiers and high-voltage and high-current power systems for sectors ranging from experimental nuclear fusion plants to particle accelerators, from radio transmission systems for the media to pulsed technologies for MedTech. Ampegon Power Electronics serves the global Science, MedTech, Industry and Broadcast markets with an extensive product range tailored to customer needs in these strategic fields. The products and services stand for innovation, advanced technology and premium quality systems.
Ampegon aims to set the standard for the development and delivery of power electronics technology for sustainable scientific, industrial, and broadcasting applications of the future for the benefit of mankind.
To develop specialist high voltage power supplies and RF amplifiers, based upon decades of experience in high energy transmitter technology.
Our Core Values
Our staff; their vision, skills, and experience, are our most valuable resource.
Our technologies represent state-of-the-art, but improvements are always possible.
Laws, standards, and regulations are fundamental and shall be respected.
Risk-based thinking is important for sustainable growth.
Working with friends and partners drives development.
- Customer Focus
Industrialization and commercialization of technology bring benefits to all.
Ampegon has gained an immeasurable amount of experience and know-how in the field of high power RF amplification, power electronics and fast signal processing. Our in-house R&D expertise covers a wide range of disciplines in electrical engineering, from the development phase throughout the complete design and validation phase.
- Design and manufacturing of complete integrated tube based amplifier systems with various tube types, such as klystrons, IOTs and gridded tubes such as tetrodes and triodes
- Design and assembly of customized high power solid state amplifier systems with linear- and switched-mode operation
- Combiner Design
- Lumped element RF tuning circuits and matching units for megawatts of RF power, which are automatically tuneable with intelligent control
- Power electronic design using GTO, IGBT’s, MOSFET’s and SiC transistors
- Modular, crowbarless and regulated switched mode, high voltage power supply systems for broadcast transmitters, RF amplifiers and klystron modulators providing up to several megawatts average power, or up to hundred megawatts in pulsed power mode respectively
- Depending on the application, different topologies are available
- Vast range of simulation capabilities for RF circuits, power electronics and digital signal processing
- Audio signal processing for analogue and digital AM broadcasting (DRM) using DSP and FPGA
- Digital low level RF (LLRF) control systems, controlling amplitude, phase and frequency of an RF signal
- Fast and precise insulated measurement acquisition systems using fiber optic links
- Embedded control and fast interlock systems for complete integrated transmitters, RF amplifiers and HVPS systems
- Monitoring and control systems for entire broadcasting stations
Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- PCB design capabilities
- pro/ENGINEER based mechanical design capabilities
Ampegon is involved as a proactive member in many standardization bodies around the world.
- Active leading force in the DRM consortium for the definition of the DRM and DRM+ system
Founder of the DRM standard, Ampegon (as former Thomson Broadcast) has been the first in partnership with Fraunhofer Institute and DRM organization to promote a small scale video service for Digital Radio Mondiale
- Member of the Technical Committee TC103 of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
Ampegon collaborates to the standardization of transmitting equipment for radiocommunications purposes and electronic devices employing similar techniques. The standardization work deals with methods of measurement, safety requirements and transmitter control
- Member of ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute)
Ampegon collaborates in the standardization of sound broadcasting service, including DRM
- Member of Electrosuisse (SEV Association for Electrical Engineering, Power and Information Technologies), the Swiss national body of IEC, CENELEC
- Active cooperation with different Institutes and University of applied Science
- Member of International Society on Pulsed Power Applications