Accelerator Research, Cancer Treatment, Food Treatment, Lithography Applications, Tube Test Facilities
Short Pulse Modulator
Short Pulse High Power Modulator
Ampegon designs and delivers stand-alone, versatile and compact short pulse modulators for specialist high frequency RF amplifier use amongst other applications.
Our short pulse modulator, based on solid-state technology with a pulse forming network (PFN) topology, complements Ampegon’s product range for pulsed, high power modulator and RF amplifier systems, as new applications demand shorter, higher frequency pulsed power.
Ampegon’s short pulse modulators are valued for their high degree of flexibility without compromising on efficiency or reliability. Thanks to the modular design of this newly implemented technology, these systems are adaptable to meet practically any customer specification. The design is optimized for best performance while retaining a small footprint and ensuring reliable operation by using the latest semiconductor technology.
- Up to 200 Hz pulse repetition rate, depending on the application
- 1 μs up to 8 μs adjustable pulse length
- Programmable voltage ramp up for conditioning the load
- Short circuit energy at the load (<25 J)
- System efficiency (>75 %); trimmed to minimized rise and fall times
- Active pre-magnetization of the pulse transformer
- Multi current probe measurement
- Adjustable voltage accuracy (0.1 %)
- Wide pulse repetition capability
- High pulse to pulse stability