High Voltage Power Supplies
Digital LLRF Systems
Ampegon designs and delivers universal digital low level RF systems for intuitive control, flexible output and reliable operation.
Intelligent digital LLRF systems permit field regulation in RF cavities, feed-forward signal compensation and integrated control of chain amplifiers. They can also serve as the primary human-machine interface (HMI) between an operator and an RF amplifier system as a whole. Therefore, in spite of their potentially complex nature, Ampegon’s LLRF system is designed to be intuitive, with straightforward and self-explanatory operation. Additionally, these systems are designed to be robust and reliable, and feature a high degree of automation.
One example application for digital LLRF systems is for achieving amplitude and phase control in the RF cavities of particle accelerators; they keep the amplitude tuned to the correct frequency for resonance, regardless how the cavities ‘drift’, thus ensuring efficient operation and that the particles are continuously accelerated.
- Professional hardware and software design
- Flexible and extendable to several beam processors
- Real-time monitoring system and diagnostics algorithms and digital signal processing using FPGA
- High-end embedded technology devices
- Local handling and calibration by means of a graphic user interface (GUI)
- Single-shot and repetitive pulses
- Flexible Ethernet based control interface for various control system requirements like EPICS, TINE etc.